The ALA 2010 Nominating Committee is soliciting nominees to run on the 2010 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect, ALA Treasurer and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect, two candidates for Treasurer, and no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2010 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2010-2011, as President in 2011-2012, and as Immediate Past President in 2012-2013.
The Treasurer will serve a three-year term, beginning after the 2010 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2013 Annual Conference.
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2010 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2013 Annual Conference.
The ALA President, Treasurer and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; fax; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://cs.ala.org/potentialcandidates/ beginning June 1. Nominations and forms must be received no later than August 15, 2009.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the 2010 Nominating Committee. Committee members are:
• Nancy Allen, Chair, Dean and Director, University of Denver, Penrose Library. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kathleen E. Bethel, African American Studies Librarian, Northwestern University. E-mail: email@example.com
• Wayne Bivens-Tatum, Librarian, Princeton University Libraries. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sarah I. Flowers, Morgan Hill, CA. E-mail: email@example.com
• G. Victor Johnson, President, Board of Library Trustees, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Arlington Heights, IL. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Haipeng Li, Reference Librarian/Outreach Coordinator, Oberlin [OH] College. email@example.com
• Patricia Montiel Overall, Assistant Professor, University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Janice M. Rice, Outreach Coordinator, University of Wisconsin-Madison. E-mail: email@example.com
• Kathryn M. Toon, Hawkins, TX. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To encourage diversity and leadership development, the Committee will refrain from nominating any current Councilors for election to another term. However, the Committee encourages all current Councilors who wish to continue their service to the Association to file as petition candidates. Petitions will be available from Lois Ann Gregory-Wood, Council Secretariat, ALA, 50 E. Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, Email: email@example.com, or during the 2009 Annual Conference or 2010 Midwinter Meeting. Petitions require 25 signatures for names to be included on the 2010 ballot.