Annual Conference is a fun and exciting event, but we know it’s not for everyone, their budget or their schedules. Did you know, though, that you can register for ASCLA’s preconferences without registering for the entire Annual Conference?
We welcome any non-conference participants to these events, which will be held in Washington, D.C. as a part of ALA’s 2010 Annual Conference.
ASCLA’s 2010 ticketed events include:
Giving People What They Want: Information Access in Libraries and Beyond, Friday, June 25, 9a.m.-5p.m. Join us for a thought-provoking examination of technology and how its pervasive development is challenging traditional approaches to resource-sharing and content access. We’ll examine users’ different information-seeking behaviors and how they differ significantly from how libraries have traditionally provided information.
Assembling a Consulting Toolkit: What You Need to Know to Become a Successful Library Consultant, Friday, June 25, 9a.m.-5p.m. Considering consulting as your next career? Prepare yourself for library consulting success with this full-day workshop. Seasoned consultants Nancy Bolt, Sara Laughlin and Beth Bingham will present an overview of the consultantís role and guide you through a self-assessment to uncover your consulting potential. Participants will work together to identify consulting opportunities and how to align them with their experience and skills. Takeaways include marketing tips, pricing your services and business management strategies.
Here are step-by-step instructions for the online form:
- ACCESS THE ONLINE FORM. You will need to login–this will be your ALA website login. If you don’t have a login, follow the steps for creating a profile.
- Complete the requests for profile information and badge information.
- Under “Step 4: Registration Type”, select “SO Preconference and Special Events” if you are registering only for preconferences. *If you’d like to register for conference, select the registration that is most appropriate for you.
- Add any guests who will be attending the event with you under “Step 5: Guest,” and complete the demographic info under Step 6.
- Under “Step 7: Your Events” you will find a list of all events at conference that require a ticket purchase. Scroll down to ASCLA’s events to find our preconferences.
- Select your desired event(s), then proceed through to payment.
If you’d prefer to register via mail or fax, then download the printed registration form, and use the event codes listed above to register. Click on the linked event names above to get more info about the ticket prices for your membership type, event speakers and more.
REMEMBER! Advance registration ends May 14, and registration for all ASCLA events will close one week prior to the event.
Contact the ASCLA office with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.