Dear ASCLA Members:
ASCLA has a renewed passion and energy under our new reorganization. Members are doing some great work and I invite you to join in if you will be in Dallas for the Midwinter meeting. Don’t miss these events:
• ASCLA Board of Directors I. Saturday January 21, 8:00 – 10:00am, DCC – D161. Session one of the ASCLA Board of Directors meeting. Open to all ASCLA and ALA members.
• ASCLA Board of Directors II. Monday, January 23, 8:00 – 10:00am, DCC – D161. Join us for the second session of ASCLA Board of Directors.
• ASCLA Leadership Session. Saturday, January 21, 10:30am – 12:00pm, DCC – D224. We’ll be looking at how to shape ASCLA’s future, our strategic plan and early results of the ASCLA member loyalty survey. All ASCLA members are invited to participate.
• Open Hearing on Library Consultants Code of Ethics. Sunday, January 22, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, DCC – D224. Discussion/Interest Group. Nancy Bolt of Nancy Bolt & Associates will moderate an open hearing on a new draft “Library Consultant Code of Ethics”. Should it be adopted by ALA? It’s open to all ALA members. Discussion will be followed by a business meeting of the ASCLA Library Consultants Interest Group Leadership Team.
• Interest Groups Meetings. There are 13 new ASCLA interest groups looking for members! Many of these new groups will be meeting in Dallas. Download the list of all ASCLA meetings here and feel free to connect with these groups by joining their meetings if you’re in Dallas. See the complete list of interest groups and how to join and interest group here: http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaourassoc/asclainterest/list.
And after all the hard work is done, please join us for a party! Come to the ASCLA/COSLA Dessert Reception, Sunday, Jan. 22, 8-10pm to relax, network and make new friends. It’s open to all ALA members, so bring a friend, mingle and try some of the delicious food and beverages at our dessert reception and open bar, co-sponsored by COSLA.
See you there!
ASCLA Executive Director