Want to market your state library’s services to your library users?
The Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies is offering a webinar that will show you exactly how to do that!
State Library Outreach to State Employees and Elected Officials
Monday, March 26, 2012 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. Central Time
Registration closes Sunday, March 25–REGISTER NOW!
Learn from the Illinois State Library how to conduct effective outreach to your desired audience, such as state employees or elected officials, and raise awareness of the services available from your state library, and how you can assist them with their informational needs. This is an excellent opportunity for state library staff, reference librarians, outreach coordinators and other types of librarians to learn how to launch an effective campaign to promote your state library’s services.
During the webinar, we’ll:
- Learn how to identify an audience and their needs
- Review the importance of knowing your materials and resources
- Explore new technology options and usage
- Identify promotion techniques to gain exposure
- Cover the recommendations, successes, failures and lessons learned from the Illinois State Library’s undertaking.
- Address potential roadblocks such as restricted access to social media.
Webinar presenters: Debra Aggertt, reference outreach coordinator, Illinois State Library, and Sandra Fritz, reference librarian, Illinois State Library. Check out the webinar information page for more details about their background.
REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR NOW!
Individual registration: starts at $40 for ASCLA members
Group registration: $99 for a single login or $38/person (min. 2 people) for multiple logins
State Library Agency Members of ASCLA pay the amazing group rates of $69 for a single login or $29/person (min. 2 people) for multiple logins. Learn more about the benefits of ASCLA membership for SLAs here (PDF).