Did you know that the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies, as a small and mighty division of ALA, has excellent opportunities for you to become involved? There’s lots of room in our leadership ranks for you to collaborate, contribute and become a champion.
Are you a new member or even a non-member who wants to learn more about ASCLA? Stop by any of our events at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle–here’s an overview from the Scheduler. The ASCLA/COSLA Reception and ASCLA Leadership Session are excellent division-wide events for connecting with other members, and interest groups are good for meeting those in your field of work.
As an ASCLA volunteer, you’ll:
- Support our advocacy efforts on behalf of the libraries, librarians and library users our members serve, including incarcerated adults and youth; the blind, deaf and hard of hearing; those with learning disabilities and other special populations.
- Make direct contributions to the quest for equitable access to information and library services for all library users.
- Participate in the development of online learning, conference programming, workshops, and other continuing education opportunities.
- Help cultivate interest groups that represent the diverse interests of our membership.
- Be a leader! It’s a great way to network with other influential colleagues and to gain valuable leadership experience.
Please consider volunteering for one or more committee to help us make our mission and vision a reality! Virtual members are encouraged and welcomed.
Volunteering can be done in just two quick and easy steps:
- Visit the ASCLA website to learn more about our each of our division committees.
- Then access the ALA online volunteer form at http://www.ala.org/groups/committees/volunteer/frm_vol (login with your ALA membership ID is required).
Remember, you must be an ASCLA member in order to volunteer for committee positions, with your membership current for the duration of your volunteer term. ASCLA dues are $52 annually plus the cost of ALA membership.
Visit www.ala.org/membership to update your membership record and add ASCLA, or call Membership and Customer Service at 1-800-545-2433, option 5.
We look forward to your participation!