ASCLA’s ICAN (Interlibrary Cooperation and Networking) Collaborative Digitization Interest Group is soliciting proposals for presentations at its meeting at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, Saturday, June 29, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Add the meeting to your conference schedule (ALA Connect login required).
Presentation topics should be of interest to librarians, archivists, curators, and developers working across a diverse array of consortia, libraries, archives, museums, and cultural heritage institutions.
We especially welcome overviews or demonstrations of ongoing or completed collaborative digitization projects. Other possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Governance and sustainability models
- Partner / participant agreements
- Digitization standards: multimedia resources, text, still images
- Advice for new collaborative digitization projects
- Non-traditional digitization projects
- Centralized or decentralized services
- Budgets, costs, and charges
Presentations should be approximately 12-15 minutes in length. We will allow time for questions and answers. Speakers are encouraged to lead discussions.
To submit a proposal for presentation, please email a brief description of your proposed topic to Rhonda Marker, chair of the Collaborative Digitization Interest Group, by May 17, 2013. Send submissions to to email@example.com.