The new ASCLA is so many good things: fun, kind, networking, innovative-thinking, and full of futurists just to name a few. ASCLA also has the best mission at ALA! Our new interest groups are a force for this new energy–volunteer for ASCLA and participate in our interest groups!
Did you know that the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies, as a small and mighty division of ALA, has excellent opportunities for you to become involved? There’s lots of room in our leadership ranks for you to collaborate, contribute and become a champion.
As an ASCLA volunteer, you will:
- Support our advocacy efforts on behalf of the libraries, librarians and library users our members serve, including incarcerated adults and youth; the blind, deaf and hard of hearing; those with learning disabilities and other special populations.
- Make direct contributions to the quest for equitable access to information and library services for all library users.
- Participate in the development of online learning, conference programming, workshops, and other continuing education opportunities.
- Help cultivate interest groups that represent the diverse interests of our membership.
- Be a leader! It’s a great way to network with other influential colleagues and to gain valuable leadership experience.
Please consider volunteering for one or more committee to help us make our mission and vision a reality! Virtual members are encouraged and welcomed.
Volunteering can be done in just two quick and easy steps:
- Visit the ASCLA website to learn more about our each of our division committees.
- Then access the ALA online volunteer form at www.ala.org/volunteer (login with your ALA membership ID is required).
Remember, you must be an ASCLA member in order to volunteer for committee positions, with your membership current for the duration of your volunteer term. ASCLA dues are $50 annually plus the cost of ALA membership.
We look forward to your participation!