The deadline to reserve your spot on ASCLA’s next trip abroad–to Ireland–is this week! This tour is hosted by Lyceum Tours and benefits ASCLA, a division of ALA. The trip itinerary includes the castles, libraries, and important historic sites of Ireland. Deposits for this upcoming adventure are due by June 1, 2012. Check out the itinerary below, then reserve your spot by contacting Lyceum Tours at 856-795-9044.
Here’s the link to more information: http://ascla.ala.org/blog/2012/03/ireland-2012/
We hope you’ll join us!
The trip will take place October 4-12, 2012
7 nights for $1,799 plus airfare
● Hotels and transportation to Dublin, Kilkenny, Cork, Cobh, and Killarney
● Dinners with the tour group
● Tours of the National Library and the Killarney Library, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, Powerscourt Gardens, Kilkenny and Blarney Castles and the Ring of Kerry
● A tour of Waterford Crystal
● A visit to the heritage center in Cobh to learn more about important Irish historical events such as the mass migration of Irish to America
● The opportunity to throw back a pint at a pub established in 1703.
Participants are responsible for their own airfare.
A portion of the trip’s proceeds benefit ASCLA, a division of ALA. All those interested in coming along on this exciting trip are welcome to attend regardless of membership status. An informational brochure is available for download at the ASCLA website.
To reserve your spot:
Deposit of $1,000 due by June 1, 2012
Balance payment due by Aug. 15, 2012.
Checks payable to Lyceum Tours and sent to Lyceum Tours, 11 Haddon Avenue, Haddonfield, N.J., 08033.
Questions about the trip? Contact the ASCLA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-280-4395, or Lyceum Tours at 856-795-9044.