Board of Directors Meeting I and II
- Board I – Saturday, January 9, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 205 A (Leadership session follows immediately after Board I) Add to schedule.
- Board II – Monday, January 11, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 203Add to schedule.
ASCLA Board of Director meetings are open and any individual registered for the Midwinter Meeting may sit in on the meetings. The meeting’s topics are set aside for visitors and board members to use as an ‘open forum’ where anyone can share information, ask questions, etc. The agenda and documents are completed prior to the conference. Anyone interested in viewing the agenda for the meeting, as well as the documents that accompany the agenda items, may view or download them from ALA Connect. If you or your constituency develops a document for board consideration, please give it to the ASCLA staff at least two hours before a board meeting. Hope to see you there!
Leadership Session – With Special Guest, Stephanie Capparell
Saturday, January 9, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 205 B
All members are invited to join us for a riveting discussion with Stephanie Capparell, coauthor of the international bestseller Shackleton’s Way. Add to schedule.
Revision of Standards Meeting I, II* & III
- January 9, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Hyatt Regency Boston, Quincy, lower level
- January 10, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Hyatt Regency Boston, Quincy, lower level*
- January 11, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Hyatt Regency Boston, Rockport Room, lower level
Note that the Revision of Standards Meeting II is a Team and Advisory Committee Meeting*
Finance and Planning / All-Committee Meeting
Saturday, January 9, 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 254 A
Meeting to review, recommend and plan goals, objectives, and priorities for the division as they relate to the ASCLA’s budgetary matters. Add to schedule.
Interest groups and committee meetings scheduled during All Committee:
- Accessibility Assembly
- Finance and Planning
- Conference Programming Committee
- Membership Promotion Committee
- Library Consultants Interest Group
- Web Presence Committee Group
- LSTA Coordinators Interest Group
- Awards Committee
- Future of Libraries Interest Group
- We will conduct our Interest Group meeting and have a 30-40 minute conversation with Miguel Figueroa, Director of the Center for the Future of Libraries, American Library Association. Mr. Figueroa particularly invites our discussion and feedback on two center initiatives:
- Trends: http://www.ala.org/transforminglibraries/future/trends
2. Manual for the Future of Librarianship: http://www.ala.org/transforminglibraries/future/manual
- Library Services to People with Visual or Physical Disabilities that Prevent them from Reading Standard Print Interest Group
- Intellectual Freedom for Youth in Custody Discussion forum
Various Committee & Interest Group Meetings
Friday, January 8
- Consortial e-books Interest Group
2:30 – 4:00 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 152 Add to schedule.
Saturday, January 9
- Universal Accessibility Interest Group, (ASCLA, LITA, ACRL)
1:00 – 2:30 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 153 C Add to schedule.
- Library Services for the Incarcerated and Detained Interest Group
2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 254 B Add to schedule.
Sunday, January 10
- Physical Delivery Interest Group meeting
10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Seaport Hotel, Harborview 2 Add to schedule.
- State Library, Library Development Interest Group Hot Topic Discussion Group
10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Seaport Hotel, Congress Boardroom Add to schedule.
- Youth Services Consultants Interest Group meeting
3:00 – 4:00 p.m., Seaport Hotel, Congress Boardroom Add to schedule.
ASCLA Discussion Groups
Sunday, January 10, 2016
State Library Agencies – Library Development Interest Group – Hot Topics Discussion Group
10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Seaport Hotel, Congress Boardroom
Join the ASCLA State Library Agency Library Development Interest Group for a discussion of “hot topics” impacting statewide library services. Read more here