Accessibility is the number one priority as we tackle the rebrand. We are utilizing many resources* to ensure we’re doing everything possible to be accessible to all. Please be patient as rebranding is a work in progress.
What to expect:
- DONE! Members vote and select new logo, below.
- DONE! Updated marketing material including new brochure that will be available at Annual Conference.
- (41% complete) New website portal called: www.ascladirect.org
- sign up to receive notification when the new site is live.
- Important note: Our pages at http://www/ala.org/ascla will remain to provide you with in depth static information regarding interest groups, membership and more.
- The new website portal will be your go-to location for the ever-changing news, calendar events, member and public resources, toolkits and more!
- ASCLA currently has three separate webpages (Interface, blog and ASCLA Direct) that will be condensed into one go-to location, the new website portal
- New newsletter/email template
Why is this necessary?
Our current websites are extremely outdated and in disrepair. ALA is currently in the process of creating a new, modern website and we’re following suit with an updated, modern look and feel.
How does the new logo represent ASCLA?
The yellow, orange, green and grey solid circles of various sizes combined together creating a large circle to represent ASCLA as a division that includes diverse types of libraries and specialties that come together and work as one.
What does rebranding mean?
Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an organization. The general goal of rebranding is to influence a member’s perception about benefits and services by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern or relevant to members needs.
What does a rebrand include?
Typically a rebrand consists of a new logo, fonts, colors, marketing materials and website. Occasionally, a new vision or change in focus is included.
If you have any questions about the rebrand, please contact Melissa Tracy, Marketing & Programs Specialist at email@example.com. If you have any questions or want to know more about the new website portal, contact Jennifer Cross, Web Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources being utilized in the rebrand: