A great way to enhance your experience with ASCLA is to join a division-wide committee! We are looking for committee members for 2017-2019. ASCLA committees offer a great way to get involved at the national level and make an impact, while meeting new people and having lots of fun. You can participate even if you can’t attend conferences; ALA’s online community, ALA Connect and other tools offered by the division make virtual participation easy and engaging.
ASCLA is seeking volunteers for committee terms beginning July 1, 2017 for one and two year terms (all terms start July 1 and end June 30)!
Below is a list of committees with current openings. There are lots of ways to share your talents, influence major decisions for the association and make a difference in the library profession. Choose a place where you fit!
If you are interested in serving on one of the committees listed above, login here with your ALA login, choose ASCLA from the drop-down list and complete the form.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Dear ASCLA Members,
I invite you to volunteer for one of ASCLA’s committees or interest groups – we are still seeking volunteers for this year (2016-2017) to fill out our committees.
If you are not yet a member of any of our committees, please join by sending a note to the ASCLA office, firstname.lastname@example.org stating which committee(s) you’re interested in. They will assist me to appoint you to committees that you have an interest in or affinity for, or suggest some that you might be interested in. I will be appointing the committees for 2016 through June 30, 2017. Tell us about your experience and why you can be of help to these groups in your note.
If you are already a committee or interest group volunteer, thank you for your service: you are so much appreciated! Because of your contributions, our division accomplishes much. ASCLA, through its volunteers, has provided:
- Member expertise on accessibility and diversity for ALA committees and work groups, such as the Advocacy Coordinating Group and the Working Group on Digital Content and Libraries
- Standards and guidelines, such as those for libraries serving the blind and physically handicapped and for state library agencies
- Outstanding conference programming
- A great member newsletter
- Assistance vetting online learning opportunities of value to ASCLA members
- Special recognition of people and library services such as awards for specialized library services for people with disabilities or the homebound.
This is just a small sampling of what our volunteers plan and take part in, and what makes ASCLA a terrific place for opportunities for service, your professional growth, and networking with colleagues.
Thank you again to all our current, past and future volunteers – you are truly what makes ASCLA such a wonderful awesome, and fun, place to be!