Dear ASCLA Members,
I invite you to volunteer for one of ASCLA’s committees or interest groups – we are still seeking volunteers for this year (2016-2017) to fill out our committees.
If you are not yet a member of any of our committees, please join by sending a note to the ASCLA office, email@example.com stating which committee(s) you’re interested in. They will assist me to appoint you to committees that you have an interest in or affinity for, or suggest some that you might be interested in. I will be appointing the committees for 2016 through June 30, 2017. Tell us about your experience and why you can be of help to these groups in your note.
If you are already a committee or interest group volunteer, thank you for your service: you are so much appreciated! Because of your contributions, our division accomplishes much. ASCLA, through its volunteers, has provided:
- Member expertise on accessibility and diversity for ALA committees and work groups, such as the Advocacy Coordinating Group and the Working Group on Digital Content and Libraries
- Standards and guidelines, such as those for libraries serving the blind and physically handicapped and for state library agencies
- Outstanding conference programming
- A great member newsletter
- Assistance vetting online learning opportunities of value to ASCLA members
- Special recognition of people and library services such as awards for specialized library services for people with disabilities or the homebound.
This is just a small sampling of what our volunteers plan and take part in, and what makes ASCLA a terrific place for opportunities for service, your professional growth, and networking with colleagues.
Thank you again to all our current, past and future volunteers – you are truly what makes ASCLA such a wonderful awesome, and fun, place to be!