Deadline to submit proposals for a 2018 institute or preconference is June 9, 2017 using this form.
Deadline to submit proposals for a 2018 program is August 25, 2017. Please see the submission site for instructions. Please note, the link to the submission site will redirect to the ALA log-in page. All submitters are required to have an ALA profile, but are not required to be ALA members.
2018 Institute and Preconference Proposal Process
The ASCLA Conference Programming Committee (CPC) will review institute and preconference proposals and forward recommended proposals to the ASCLA Board for approval. Proposers will be notified shortly after annual conference of the status of their proposal.
This form is to be used by those who wish to organize:
- An institute at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver, CO on Friday, February 9, 2018. An “Institute” is the Midwinter version of a Preconference. Institutes are usually a half day or a full day.
- A Preconference at the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA likely on Friday, June 22, 2018. Preconferences are usually a half day or a full day.
• Topic is timely and relevant to the membership
• Topic is not already, or has not been recently, addressed by another ASCLA program
• Expertise of speaker(s)
• Program objectives are clearly articulated
• Funding is secured if required
• Anticipated attendance
• The program may be prioritized if the section has not presented a program recently
The CPC is specifically looking for proposals that would appeal to librarians who serve people or youth who are incarcerated or in detention, state library staff, library consultants and independent librarians, library staff who serve people with disabilities and staff of library cooperatives and consortium or any of our interest group members found here: http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaourassoc/asclainterest/list.
Please complete this form and submit by June 9, 2017 to be considered.