ASCLA encourages subject matter experts and experienced librarians to submit proposals for ASCLA webinars to be presented March 15 through May 15, 2014 and July 15- August 30, 2014.
ASCLA welcomes proposals on topics that will assist our diverse membership in improved service delivery and job performance that are valuable for all types of libraries, librarians and library support staff.
Proposals must be submitted by March 14, 2014 for presentation March 15 through May 15, 2014 and July 15-August 30, 2014. The webinar proposal form can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014ASCWEBPROP.
Webinar presenters will be paid $150 for each webinar presented and will receive training and support for Adobe Connect, the webinar technology platform used by the division. Webinars are generally 1-1 ½ hours long.
Proposal topics for webinars may include, but are not limited to the following:
- ADA updates for libraries
- Adult programming in a correctional library
- Basics of a good prison/jail library
- Best practices in correctional librarianship and providing services to the incarcerated
- Consulting: marketing your services
- Demonstration and review of current accessibility products
- Emerging technologies in accessibility products and services, including screen readers, mobile devices, IPADS, etc.
- Evaluating and improving cooperative services
- Future trends in library service
- Grants: best practices for finding funding and writing proposals
- Group purchasing best practices
- Hiring library consultants: best practices
- How to be a futurist
- Marketing library services to people with disabilities
- Marketing on a shoestring budget
- New apps that assist library users with special needs
- Providing library services to people with cognitive or mental impairments
- Review of best practices, standards and guidelines to improve library services
- Technology trends for people with disabilities
Questions about submissions or about ASCLA’s online learning programs may be sent to Andrea Hill, ASCLA web manager and online learning liaison at email@example.com.