Here are a few important reminders from the ASCLA staff. You may have seen these before, but we are putting them here to remind you.
Awards: The ASCLA achievement awards nomination period ends December 15–nominate yourself or a deserving colleague today! Review the entire list of awards and nomination details at the ASCLA website.
Online Learning: We’re gearing up for a multitude of webinar offerings in 2012, and we also have dates set for our next offering of the online course “Improving Library Services for People with Disabilities.” Did you know we have group discounts available for our courses and webinars? Learn more.
Midwinter Meeting: The online scheduler for Midwinter is now available at http://alamw12.scheduler.ala.org.There is still time to register for Midwinter! Visit the main Midwinter page for registration and information about exhibits, hotels, speakers and other exciting events. Mark your conference calendar for the ASCLA/COSLA Reception, Sunday, Jan. 22, 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. in the Fountain Room at the Fairmont Hotel. We’ll have desserts, a cash bar, and excellent company!
Annual Conference: Check out a list of upcoming programs and preconferences ASCLA will be hosting in Anaheim. Registration for Annual is now open!
Interest Groups: We now have more than a dozen established interest groups! Learn more about them–including how to join–by clicking on the links below. Want to start a group? Learn more here.
- Consortium Management Discussion Interest Group
- InterLibrary Cooperation & Networking Collaborative Digitization Interest Group
- InterLibrary Cooperation & Networking Interlibrary Cooperation Interest Group
- InterLibrary Cooperation & Networking Physical Delivery Interest Group
- Library Consultants Interest Group
- Library Services for Incarcerated Youth (LSSP)
- Bridging Deaf Cultures @ your library Interest Group
- Library Services to People with Visual or Physical Disabilities that Prevent Them from Reading Standard Print Interest Group
- Library Services to the Incarcerated and Detained
- Universal Access Interest Group
- State Library Agencies – Library Development Interest Group
- State Library Agencies/LSTA Coordinators Interest Group
- State Library Agencies Youth Services Consultants Interest Group