ASCLA seeks proposals for presentations for its 2011 Virtual Convergence—a series of professional development webinars that will be held in January 2011 immediately following the ALA 2011 Midwinter Meeting.
The Virtual Convergence is an opportunity for librarians to kick off 2011 with an intensive professional development opportunity they can conveniently pursue from the comfort of their hometown. The Convergence will offer webinars throughout the day from Tuesday, Jan. 18 through Friday, Jan. 21, that are open to all interested librarians, library staff and library supporters. ASCLA is currently seeking proposals for those webinar sessions.
Successful proposals will:
- Show plans for presentations that fit within the 90-minute session blocks, including at least 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Show how the presentation addresses a topic either of interest to ASCLA members, or represents an area of ASCLA’s expertise that benefits other types of librarians. This may include but is not limited to: financial management; strategic planning; grant writing; services to special populations including the blind, deaf and hard of hearing and the incarcerated; and library consulting. Past topics addressed by ASCLA programming are listed in the ASCLA @ Annual 2010 guide (PDF), as well as the version of the guide that covers 2009 Annual Conference programming (PDF).
- Include an outline of the points the presentation will cover.
- Outline the audiences that will be interested in this topic.
- Include a description of the presenter and their relevant experience, e.g. education, job history, that illustrates their expertise in the proposed topic area.
Proposals may be submitted using the online submission form no later than close of business on Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010. Presenters for accepted proposals will receive compensation for their time and will also receive training for the webinar software. Questions about ASCLA or the Convergence can be directed to Liz Markel, ASCLA marketing specialist or Susan Hornung, ASCLA executive director at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively.